Coopstartup is a project that aims at setting up cooperative startups. It comes from the need to promote entrepreneurship among young people encouraging the adoption of the cooperative model and affirming the presence of cooperatives in ‘new markets’. It specifically focuses on innovation (technological, organizational and social innovation) in line with the priorities suggested by Europe 2020 programs to foster a “smart, sustainable and inclusive growth”. Its main results have been:
• 7 projects launched and 7 calls organized at local level (2 involving more than 1 region, 4 in1 region, 1 in 1 province);
• More than 1,000 people reached;
• 300 business ideas selected;
• 100 groups trained;
• 8 cooperative startups begun (3 in Lazio, 2 in Ferrara, 1 in Puglia, 2 in Marche);
• 5 new projects under development.