Social Entrepreneurship Support Europe - SES EU
What is SES EU?
A social enterprise has all the basic features of the "normal " enterprise, as it produces and sells goods and services, employs people, generates profit for owners or shareholders, but the adjective "social " means that in addition to the profit, (but not its maximization), a social enterprise combines economic objectives with social objectives.
The main challenge of the social economy and social enterprises is to enhance the employment capacity of the SE organisations. Analysis of the latest data relating to social enterprises underlines the increased interest in undertaking entrepreneurial initiatives and consequently highlights their increasing importance in the economic system as creators of new employment opportunities.
Therefore, this project's main aim is to foster the employability by upgrading and developing the competencies in the field of social entrepreneurship through innovative tools and training methodology.
What are the main objectives of the project?
- Improving the entrepreneurial competences of human resources of social enterprises and people planning to run business in field of social economy,
- Increasing knowledge and skills in establishing and managing the social entrepreneurship entities,
- Delivery of tools to develop the entrepreneurial competence in the field of social economy,
- Identifying the best European practices in the field of social entrepreneurship,
- Increasing the awareness of benefits from the social entrepreneurship sector for society and economy.
What results are expected during the project and on its completion?
- Identification and analysis the regional needs in the field of social entrepreneurship
- Creation and implementation of an ICT tool to improve the level of entrepreneurial skills, to foster the entrepreneurial attitudes and transversal skills of individuals interested in setting up social-economy enterprise or individuals running social-economy enterprise, through exposure to business and real-life situation in the safety way
- Creation and implementation of an ICT tool to facilitate and support strategic planning in social-economy enterprises based on realistic data and counteract the failures in their management
- Supplying the existing and perspective social entrepreneurs with a training programme, training material and train-the-trainer package focused on development of entrepreneur's competencies to start and run social-economy enterprise